Enrichment activities are an important part of education at King's. Our vision is to ensure every child at King's has the opportunity to have experiences of education outside of the classroom, and beyond their everyday lives. We want to ensure we offer a holistic education, that builds character, life skills and opportunities to apply these in real world situations.
We run three 'Enrichment Days' per academic year, where the whole school is off timetable for the day, engaged in a range of enriching activities. During their time at King's we aim for all students to experience the following through our Enrichment Days:
- An overnight residential trip;
- Careers education and input on post-16 education choices;
- Extended opportunities for PSHE learning;
- An end of KS3 'retreat' day to provide opportunity for personal and spiritual reflection;
- Exams revision skills sessions;
- A range of experiences linked to the curriculum in school and off site (e.g. art gallery and museum visits; creative writing trips on the South Downs; experience of seeing Shakespeare plays performed etc);
- Opportunities to join trips within the UK and abroad (for example, in the past we have taken students on day trips to France; on residential trips to the WW1 trenches in Belgium; on ski trips; on MFL trips to Berlin; and on trips to London for various enriching activities).
Please click here to view the Enrichment Programme.