- Dark purple blazer with King’s silver thread badge on the pocket (girls' and boys' cut available).
- Stitched pleat ‘grey granite’ tartan skirt. Skirt should sit below the knee. Short skirts (and rolled up skirts) strictly not allowed.
- Boys' charcoal grey trousers (school uniform trouser made by Zecco or Innovation - no other brand acceptable)
- Optional charcoal grey ‘suit-type’ trousers for girls – please agree trouser with Headteacher
- Boys' traditional stiff collar white shirt – short or long sleeved. Top button done up.
- Girls' revere collar white shirt – short, 3/4 or long sleeved.
- King’s tie (boys only)
- Optional - mid grey ‘V’ neck pullover with purple single stripe
- Optional - mid grey unisex cardigan with purple single stripe
- Optional – 'college wrap' school scarf with school badge
- Purple and black sports shirt with King’s logo
- Plain black shorts with King’s logo.
- Black football socks with King's trim
- White or black trainers
- Optional plain black girls' 'skort' with King's logo
- Optional plain black sweat pants (no logo)
- Optional girls' sports leggings with King's logo
- Optional boys’ purple and black reversible rugby shirt with King’s logo
- Optional purple and black half zip sweatshirt with King's logo.
- Optional football boots with plastic/moulded studs for grass
- Black, white or grey socks (girls and boys) OR black opaque tights (non-patterned) for girls
- Traditional, flat, black sensible school shoes - lace up shoes to have black laces (Click here for acceptable shoes for boys and girls.)
- No trainers or boots, no white or coloured laces
- No sandals, kitten heels, platform shoes or boots
Hairstyle is an important aspect of the image each student creates for King’s.
- No extreme hairstyles; i.e. not less than grade 2 in length
- No brightly coloured or two tone hair
- No shapes cut into the hair e.g. stripes, ‘tramlines’.
- Long hair must be tied back when requested by teachers as a safety precaution. Typically this will include certain lessons in PE, science and technology, otherwise the students are free to wear their hair as they wish. Any hairbands must be plan and discreet.
The following jewellery is permitted:
- Watch. Medic alert chain, if necessary.
- One small silver, titanium or gold sleeper or stud may be worn in the lobe of each ear.
- No other jewellery or body piercing is acceptable, including wristbands.
Discreet foundation is permitted. No nail varnish, lip stick, eye shadow, mascara, eyeliner or heavy black lines etc.
Sensible winter coat in plain colour without overt logos
Should be black and be able to carry a minimum equivalent of 2 A4 ring-binder files, pencil case and water bottle.
Optional black PE kit bag sourced from Logosports.
Our uniform is on sale from Logosports. A uniform and price list is available from Logosports www.logosports.co.uk
We have chosen to use a local supplier, Logosports, in Hove. As well as supporting a local business, we wanted to make it easy for parents to buy the uniform and also to make sure that there were no hidden postage costs. Logosports are based in Industrial House, Conway Street BN3 3LW. 01273 321209.